Pinnacle (“We” or “Us”) Course Enrolment Policy
By submitting your application, the participant (“You”) agrees to the following terms, which shall apply to any course, elective, training, workshop or programme We may offer from time to time (“Programme”):
Registration will usually close 21 days before the commencement date of the selected Programme or when the Programme is fully subscribed, whichever is earlier.
- Reservation and Payment
- We will send an email to confirm your registration and a place will be reserved for You. Payment instructions will be sent in a separate email (“Confirmation Email”), and You will need to make payment of the programme fees in the manner specified in our Confirmation Email to secure your place in the Programme (“Place”).
- In the event You are eligible for one or more grants, subsidies or funding schemes (e.g SkillsFuture Credit, Enhanced Training Support for SMEs) (“Funding Assistance”) and elect to pay for the Programme with Funding Assistance, You may be required to pay only a portion of the Programme Fees in the Confirmation Email. This represents the nett fees after deducting the maximum amount of Funding Assistance You apply for (“Funding Amount”). Should You fail to satisfy the conditions which are required by the Funding Assistance or if We are not successful in claiming the Funding Amount, You shall upon written demand pay to Us the Funding Amount.
- Withdrawal and Deferment
The following charges shall apply where late notice of withdrawal or cancellation is given to Us:
- 60 days before commencement of Programme: 0%
- 45 – 60 days before commencement of Programme: 50%
- Less than 45 days before commencement of Programme : 100%
- No show/withdrawal after commencement of programme: 100%
- Without replacement participant (applicable to non-company sponsored participants)
- Only permissible under compassionate or medical grounds. Requests must be made in writing, together with supporting documents.
- With replacement (applicable to company sponsored participants)
- Change of training date/class without replacement : Once a Place has been allocated, any request to defer is treated as a withdrawal and the relevant withdrawal fees specified in clause 3(a) shall apply.
- Change of training date/class with replacement : Any request to defer with a suitable replacement participant must be submitted to Us in writing at least 30 calendar days prior to commencement of the Programme. An administrative fee of S$107 (not eligible for funding) will apply in lieu of the withdrawal fees stated in clause 3(a) for every deferment with replacement participant.
- Cancellation/Postponement of Programme
We reserve the right to cancel or postpone any Programme due to unforeseen circumstances. In the event of such cancellation and where You have paid the Programme fees, We will refund the nett Programme fees.
- Being absent from class
Where the Programme consists of a series of classes, and You miss a class, We will not provide replacement classes nor provide any refunds.
Subject to clause 6, We shall issue You a certificate of completion if 100% attendance is attained.
You may be required to take assessments or complete certain assignments for the Programme You are enrolled in. If You are required to do so, the following policies will apply :
- We will schedule the assessment or examination schedule (“Schedule”) in our sole discretion. Requests for changes to the Schedule shall be refused except for requests made under medical or compassionate grounds. Any request shall be made in writing, together with relevant supporting documents.
- Where assessments or examinations are graded, the grades shall be released to You only and they shall be final. Otherwise, You will be informed whether You have passed or failed the assessment. Any requests for re-submission or retakes shall be considered on a case-by-case basis and We shall have sole discretion whether to grant the request.
- If You omit to take assessment or complete the assignment for reasons other than medical grounds or compassionate grounds, and such assessment or assignment is necessary for Us to issue You with a certificate, You will not receive a certificate of completion. No refund of the Programme fees shall be given.
- Personal Data
- By submitting your application, You acknowledge and agree that We may collect, process and disclose the Personal Data You have provided in the form in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”).
- We may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes of :
- complying with applicable laws, regulations in force from time to time and/or requirements from authorities, statutory boards or regulators having jurisdiction over Us;
- improving our products and services;
- registering You in the Programme, administering the Programme and sending You the training materials/assignments/assessments, Programme schedule, delivery and award of certifications;
- administering and/or managing our relationship with You, including responding to your queries, or sending statements, notices or correspondence to You;
- responding to requests for information from government or public agencies, ministries, statutory boards, regulators or such other authorities which may have jurisdiction over Us;
- processing applications for your enrolment into the Programme;
- carrying out market-related, evaluative or similar research or analysis for our Programme development and planning services;
- making use of photographs, videos or sound recordings in our website, social media pages, or such other communications channels where We has an account on and in third party media;
- any other purpose which may reasonably arise in connection with the provision of the Programme; and
- such other purpose not listed above, but which We may inform You in writing, and seek your consent on.
We may share your Personal Data with our affiliate companies and authorised third parties or service providers for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations or providing services to You.
- Standards of Conduct
- As part of the learning process, You will be interacting with the other participants in many aspects – small group discussions, online forums, classroom discussions or even in your own personal groups. It is the shared responsibility of all – You, the other participants and the trainers/lecturers to minimise disruptive behaviour, and engage in mutual learning and excellence.
- You shall observe and comply with our policies and regulations, as notified to you from to time by us, including but not limited to standards of conduct, dress code and/or health & safety policies or standards.
- You are expected to observe the same standards of professionalism, courtesy and respect when you are interacting with other participants in both online and face-to-face settings.
- Without prejudice to the generality of the above, We reserve the right to cease the provision of any services with immediate effect including removing You from our premises or restricting your access to any digital or electronic resources in the event You:
- cheat or plagarise on any assignment You are required to submit in connection with the Programme You are attending or during any examinations or assessments;
- intentionally, recklessly, or willfully cause damage to any property belonging to Us;
- have committed acts of or acts which are perceived to be harassing, threatening, offensive, bullying or aggressive to our staff or the other participants;
- are disruptive
- are otherwise in breach of these terms or our policies;
- commit any act which brings Us into disrepute.
Except for any information which may be available in the public domain, You shall keep confidential and not disclose to any third party, all documents, knowledge, data, Information You may receive whether oral or written (digital, hardcopy or such format to be implemented), in relation to or in connection with the Programme, including but not limited to its curriculum and any training materials, without prior written approval from Us.
To the maximum extent permissible by law, We shall not be held liable for any type of loss or damage (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, exemplary or for lost profits) that could be construed as arising from or in relation to your application for or attendance of any Programme conducted by Us.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Pinnacle, its subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates and partners from and against any claim, demand or legal proceeding, including legal expenses, made by any third party or arising from or out of your breach of the terms and conditions herein.
- Programme Materials
- Depending on the requirements of Programme, You may view, save or print a copy of the Programme materials and any training materials provided in connection with the Programme for your own information, research and/or study, provided always that the contents shall be kept intact and the watermark, trademark, or proprietary marks are not removed, obscured or changed. You may not exploit any materials provided to You for any commercial purpose howsoever including but not limited to selling or sub-licensing of the materials. You may not, whether in whole or in part, distribute, upload, reproduce, republish, compile, transmit or otherwise share the materials in any way.
- The views expressed in Programme materials, including by presenters or trainers delivering classes, lectures or seminars (whether in person or through audio-visual tools), may not necessarily be those of us or any other organisation with which they are associated.
- While We strive to ensure the information provided to You is accurate and up to date, We do not warrant that the Programme materials are accurate, complete, current or fit for any use whatsoever. To the maximum extent permitted by law, We and individual contributors, lectures or trainers:
- exclude all liability (including in negligence) for any loss arising out of access to, use of, or reliance upon information, services and materials contained on our website or the Programme materials;
- exclude all liability (including in negligence) for any factual inaccuracies, technical errors, corruption of data;
- do not purport to provide legal or other expert advice with the Programme or any Programme materials provided to You. If legal or other expert advice is required, the services of a competent and qualified professional person should be sought.
- Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
These terms shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore. Any dispute arising of or in connection with the terms herein , including its existence and interpretation shall be resolved first by amicable discussion between the parties. If such dispute cannot be settled and resolved through negotiation within 30 days of receipt of notice of breach by the defaulting party, the Parties shall refer the dispute to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts (including the Small Claims Tribunal Court).